Wednesday, March 9, 2022

MS CHALLENGE


 BRINGING HOPE WITH EVERY MILE!!


With this latest commitment  comes a whole new spectrum of ideas and challenges! 

It has been four years since my last walk. The past three walks were for Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer  is talked about often, and freely. Because awareness was already out there my approach to fundraising was totally different than where I find myself headed with this MS Challenge!!

As my brain gets 'in step' with my body, the training and 'work' ahead is driving my excitement and goals  in a totally different direction. Although the short term goal will always be to see the $2500 donation for MS research completed, and my fulfillment of my commitment to walk 50 MILES IN 3 DAYS. The thought I find popping up as #1 on my list of things to come, is bringing AWARENESS and getting YOU as excited and determined as I am to see an end to this horrible disease!

It seems every time I share my commitment, I hear, "I have a friend or family member...." who is dealing with MS. Then their story comes, another name is added to my list, and my commitment grows a little stronger!! 

Immediately following my announcement with plans to do this walk two young women with small businesses offered to do fundraisers!! How cool is that?

 Another FUN and exciting way of welcoming you, your friends and family to become involved would be some neighborhood walks, with small donations, which would go directly to MS Research. (All donations are tax deductible!)

 I am planning the first community walk in MY neighborhood in honor of my Granddaughter, Sasha, but would love to plan one with you!! (Your neighborhood or mine!) Let's honor and show those we love that they are not alone!!! 

Watch for the first walk to come and contact me with YOUR area!!

Contact me with the name of that special person you would like me to walk with!!

Plan to join with me on this mission to "BRING HOPE WITH EVERY MILE" Check out my link below:

https://mssociety.donordrive.com/participant/Laura-Moody


MS= A disease in which the immune system eats away at the protective covering of the nerves, resulting nerve damage that disrupts communication between the brain and the body.

MS, WALKING, CHALLENGE, DONATIONS, RESEARCH


 

No comments:

Post a Comment