Friday, January 22, 2016





It has been several months since I posted here. I have made a new commitment to spend a little time reflecting each week. I hope you will join me.

My youngest daughter has for the past couple years chosen a  "WORD FOR THE YEAR". I decided to join her this year. As I began to contemplate what it should be, one word seemed to pop up everywhere..."HOPE" ......"an optimistic attitude of mind based on an expectation of positive outcomes related to events and circumstance." PERFECT I decided!! I can go with that one :)

For the past 3 years I have trained for and walked the 3Day 60 Mile walk for breast cancer. I have walked every mile with the thought of bringing HOPE to others. Because it is the yearly fund raiser for Susan G Komen, I am required to raise $2300 in order to participate in the walk. That money is used for research, education and assistance to those walking through breast cancer. Ultimately it is used to bring HOPE!
Check out my link...

The walk has been a life changing adventure. It has opened doors to new friendships and opportunities to share life stories and bring encouragement to others. In other words, it is a way to share HOPE.

I found a quote that I have hanging in front of my treadmill, and on the cover of my daily planner, "I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say "Because of you, I didn't give up!" That my friend would be the result of causing someone else to embrace HOPE!! I can't imagine a greater joy that this.

 So as January appeared on the calendar and 2016 revved up its engines I have chosen HOPE, In all areas of my life... Spiritual...Personal....Family...Health...Friends...I choose to expect positive outcomes to related events and circumstances in all these areas, because ultimately my HOPE is grounded in my God and Savior. Romans 15:13  "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit"(NIV)

Come back and join me on the journey for 2016 it is guaranteed to be filled with adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment