Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Yesterday I went on my first REAL kickoff walk for 2014 3Day. Now don't get me wrong I have been doing some walking squeezed in between travels but this past week I have declared myself "IN TRAINING" so that means my walks need to be more consistent and planned a bit better :) I started today by walking beside a water canal. Peaceful, quiet and beautiful as the water flowed, bikers rolled by, and walkers strolled. (You won't find me strolling with my sticks...LOL  :)


As we have traveled to different areas and different states I have begun my collection of "names for the shirt" and shared my goal. Mesa has become my 'kick off' point and I can't put into words the excitement I feel as my countdown for success begins. With the miles there are always opportunities to meet someone new, hear a new story and hopefully to spread a little encouragement as I go. Encouragement has become the main goal and motivation of my walk.
Knowing that the end result will provide HOPE and HElP to someone fighting their battle with cancer puts fuel in my tank and determination in my heart. I have found, though, that it is not necessary to wait for the finish line to share a hug and a word of joy with someone along the path.
So it is that time again, and I am back on the trails,
Walking Strong   Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Laura

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment