Sunday, October 16, 2016

Dream Big...Pray Earnestly..Walk Strong!

It has been several months since I have taken the time to sit here and share a thought or two. Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I hope to get back 'in the groove.'

The calendar pages seem to turn faster and faster each year and here we are in the midst of October again. Fall brings with it a gaggle of celebrations in our home. Birthdays of children, grandchildren and friends give reason for gatherings, fellowship laughter and love! I always find myself feeling blessed beyond measure as I am given opportunity to celebrate the gift of a life filled with such love and health.

Thanksgiving reigns supreme in my heart as we have traversed through 10 months of another year with everyone healthy. In the year 2016 we have seen 5 friends diagnosed with cancer. Two of those are children.:(  My heart aches for each of these families as they make their journey down a path they would never choose.

For the last couple years, Fall also has meant long walks, as I train for the 3Day 60 Mile walk for breast cancer. September would find me in Seattle, WA in the midst of several hundred walkers. This year I am changing it up a bit and will travel to San Diego, CA. in November and join several thousand walkers along the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
 Each mile I walk, whether in training, or on the course, is taken in honor of the names I have gathered,  and the thousands of others who have been called into their own personal battle.
Each year I am required to raise a minimum of $2300 to be a part of the 'big walk'. For my third year that goal, and more, has been given by friends, family and strangers!
 From the $3.00 donation to the $250 donation, EACH ONE is added to the thousands of dollars raised by others to see an END to cancer!!
What a humbling thought that each of my supporters and I can be a small part in such a HUGE goal!!  My word for the year has been "HOPE". My desire is that the miles I walk brings HOPE to others.
It has been shown that the research done on behalf of one cancer will benefit many, so the ultimate dream includes an end to ALL cancer. Dream Big and Pray Earnestly and Walk Strong!! Those are three things I can do!!
Walking has become my passion and has proven to be that means in my life to share Hope with others and brings Joy and Health to mine :)
Have you found your passion??? What is it your life that takes your focus off YOU and puts it on others??? I would love to hear.....
Check out my personal page: www.the3day.org/goto/LauraMoody












No comments:

Post a Comment