Saturday, July 19, 2014

Buy A Mile for the Cure!



I never cease to be amazed at the people I meet and the stories they share. Those (‘God Winks’) I  call them.  This morning Jim and I went on a ‘breakfast date.’ As we got up to leave a lady stopped me to visit. She was with another lady and I left the restaurant thankful for an opportunity to have chatted with them.
When arriving at the car Jim had taken the dogs for a walk and as I waited the ladies came out. I decided to give them one of my 3Day letters...turns out they both had names for my shirt, incredible stories,and were so appreciative. I left feeling motivated and blessed and thankful for another chance to encourage others.

As of today there are 125 days till the gate opens and hundreds of women and men begin the journey of 60 Miles in 3Days walking the streets and hills of San Diego.  I will be among the mix and am getting excited to know that things are Set and Ready! To date family, friends and strangers have joined to donate $690.00 (30%) of the required funds ($2300) under my name.. I have been hitting the gym and the trails in honor of the funds and the cancer victims to be prepared and ready to rock. But I need your help to assure my spot.












After doing some calculating it would take 60 people ‘buying’ one mile at $38.33 to make my total goal. So with the moneys already in if 60 people would donate $22.50 each (a person per mile) we would exceed the goal!!
It is not MY goal that is important but the opportunity to be a small part of bringing assistance and HOPE to others.
Join me???      www.the3day.org/goto/lauramoody




Komen Impact Fact: Since its inception in 1982, Susan G. Komen® has invested more than $2 billion on its mission of saving lives and ending breast cancer by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE !!  
















No comments:

Post a Comment