Friday, November 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: GRACE

When I think of Grace the first word that comes to mind is 'Thankful'.  I can't begin to count the times in my life when grace has been applied...sometimes by a friend or loved one but ALWAYS by my God.
Grace and mercy...they go together like love and marriage. Marriage, children and all that goes with prove to be a perfect mix to both practice and receive the gift of grace.
Gift? Yep, Grace can be the greatest gift we can be given and a source of peace when we choose to give it.
 Sometimes the ability to be the giver causes me to dig deep in my heart and go back to my bank of memories to find the strength to make that choice.
Just as hard, can be the ability to make the decision to be on the receiving end. Guilt, inadequacy or defiance can easily rob me of the gift.
Praying for the strength to give Grace freely and the courage to accept the blessing of the gift when offered!

No comments:

Post a Comment