Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sharing a Smile with God!






While on my walk this morning and "patiently" waiting for my Fitbit to let me know I had reached my 10,000 steps, my Pandora started playing the song "10,000 Reasons" ( to Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman. I hesitated in my walk to make sure I had heard correctly and then shared a little chuckle with God!! I love it when He and I share those moments of knowing that HE knows exactly what is on my mind :)
The next several moments were spent contemplating some of my " Reasons to Bless the Lord"... number one at that moment was that I could be walking 10,000 steps!! If you know my story you know that every step I take is cause for celebration, and I was thankful for the reminder! ( check out my earlier blog: Overcoming Obstacles)    
The obvious blessings began flooding my mind, Salvation, Health, Provision, Relationships,Family,Strength and  etc..  I made a  decision to actively accept a  challenge to begin listing my " Reasons to Bless the Lord." I'll let ya know from time to time how it's going!
How about you??? The best way to get on track with life is to begin counting your reasons to "Bless the Lord".  As life gets busy, health or financial or relationship issues bring challenges beyond our ability to "fix it" counting the blessings we DO have often changes our perspective and gives opportunity for those little "wonders" to drop onto your path.
I pray for joy and peace to be yours as you begin  to count your reasons to Bless the Lord!! He assures us in the Bible,  Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"  I love that promise and have held onto it many times in my life.
Counting my blessings and
Walking Strong     

No comments:

Post a Comment