Tuesday, August 20, 2013

LIFE IS SHORT....

                Dream as if you'll live forever.  Live as if you'll die today.  ~James Dean


An early morning call from a friend telling me her 36 year old son-in-law was killed, reminded me again the truth of the quote "life is short."

In the blink of an eye our plans are lost forever. Our life, or the life one we love, is snuffed out as quickly as we extinguish the flame of a candle.  No do overs, no pleas for just one more day...GONE...Forever.

My mind immediately scrolled through the faces of my husband and each of my children, grandchildren, sons and daughters-in-love. Prayer for safety and thanksgiving wafted from my heart as I listened and shared in the grief of a friend. A promise to said heart to call and share a message of love and a phone hug with each.  Lord, let me be careful to remind them of their importance to my life!!

Then came the thoughts of friends far and near, new and old and the dinners I've meant to cook and the lunches I have planned to share....getting my calendar out, and phone in hand. Planning some dates of fellowship and conversations of renewal.

LORD,
Praying peace and love over those working their way through the grief of loss this day.
Asking for safety and health of my family and friends.
Petitioning for the wisdom to daily express the love and thanksgiving to those so precious in my life.
Seeking a new and deeper desire to show your grace and mercy to others.
Your Very Blessed Daughter

So, grab your phone, get in your car, cross the room..whatever it takes to assure those in your circle of life that they are loved and valued beyond measure!









No comments:

Post a Comment